Our Newborn sessions usually take one to three hours. Newborn sessions are held in my private boutique studio in Murrieta exclusively. I reserve three hours for your session to ensure your baby has time to feed and get comfortable and sleepy for the photoshoot. I offer sessions for newborns around five to fourteen days old. I strive to maintain a calm and relaxed environment for the baby and keep a home-like atmosphere for a more comfortable and memorable experience. So feel free to kick back, take a nap on the couch, and enjoy the moment of your newborn's first photoshoot! I'll create a variety of beautiful newborn portraits during the session. I provide the session with props, wraps, hats, and headbands. If you'd like, please feel free to bring anything special that you would like to incorporate into your portrait session, and you can leave the rest to us!
Tips to be prepared
- Sessions are easiest for newborns who are between 5 and 14 days old. I recommend pre-booking your session while you are still pregnant. Make sure to pre-book your session 5 to 14 days after your due date. Babies are at their sleepiest before 14 days. However, if you missed the 5-14 day window, and availability permitting, a newborn session is possible with limited posing according to your baby's temperament.
- Try to keep your baby awake one to two hours before your session if possible. When you arrive at the studio you can feed your baby and will hopefully then have a nice long sleep throughout the session.
- Be prepared for extra feedings. Your baby will may want more for comfort feedings.
- Dress your baby in clothing that opens from the front and doesn't need to be pulled over their head. If the baby is asleep when you arrive, I'd like to try not to disturb him/her.
- Bring a pacifier even if your baby does not use one. It is a must for posing and keeping the baby calm and settled.
- Bring a change of clothing in case the baby pees on you. Yes, It happens all of the time!
- Bring along simple clothing for you to wear in the family poses. Solid colors photograph best, and I recommend black or white. Don't worry about shopping; I provide simple dresses and fabrics if you can't find anything to wear.
- Make sure your hair, makeup, and nails look clean and camera-ready. Don't forget to remove chipped nail polish. There is time for you to finish getting ready in the studio while I photograph the baby.
- If siblings are to be in the session, we will photograph them last. Please arrange to have your other children arrive at the studio halfway through the session (Usually around 1:30 PM. A 2-3 hour session is always tricky for younger children to behave or sit quietly, which tends to stress out parents, making it difficult for me to focus on the newborn. Splitting the session makes the process easier for everyone.
The view and order appointment
After your session, we'll schedule a view and order appointment in the studio. This appointment is about an hour long. I'll help you narrow down your images, and together, we'll select your favorite photos. You can then decide on your final portrait collection. You can create a collection or choose an Inspiration Collection. Both will provide a beautiful mix of heirloom portraits and digital files.
Once you've made your selection, I'll start on the artwork and retouching process. Most orders are complete within 2-3 weeks. You will access your digital files through my website in a private online gallery. As long as I am in business, I will store your images safely there. You may download your photos and print additional heirloom portraits from this gallery. Printed products may be delivered to your home or the studio.